I knew this would be a tough Mercury Retrograde period when I wrote this post. With Mercury and Uranus turning retrograde on the same day, we were bound to be in for some surprising (Uranus) twists of fate and weird events and we are certainly seeing that in some corners of the world, especially in the highly charged electrical atmosphere of yesterday’s Full Moon in Aquarius.
- A software glitch cost Knight Capital, a trading firm, £290M in trading losses when the automated system sold all of the stocks the company had purchased that day.
- This caused heavy trading in other sectors of the market as well.
- Hundreds of millions of people in India are still without power in one of the worst blackouts in history. (This disaster is also tied to an Pluto in Capricorn due to the inadequate infrastructure (Capricorn) of India’s power grid.
- It’s often said that Mercury retrograde periods are good for anything that has an “re-” prefix. House Republicans have RElented in their threat to stop the government rather than compromise.
- Traveling short distances fall under the domain of Mercury and there were two bizarre automobile accidents this week: in one, a man plunged off a cliff while texting. In the other a drive hit the gas instead of the brake and drove into a convenience store.
- Airplanes are usually connected more to Jupiter because of their ability to travel long distances, but when three planes nearly collide due to miscommunication it’s Mercury retrograde news.
- And I’m not sure how to connect this to Mercury retrograde but it has to make the list of crazy news events: Belarus is invaded when teddy bears drop from the sky
In my own personal world, this week I have (a) incorrectly scheduled a lunch date with a friend, (b) had a client forget his appointment, (b) scheduled a consultation for Eastern time when the client lived in Central time, (c) scheduled a consult for 11:30 PM instead of AM so it didn’t show up on my morning calendar, (d) had a service contractor attempt to repair something that wasn’t broken instead of something that was.
What’s happening in your world?
[related_posts limit=”5″ image=”50″]