(Bloom County Comic) Accounting for misdeeds comes in all shapes and sizes. I accidentally stepped on my cat’s tail and have to beg for forgiveness. You say something insensitive to a friend and apologize for that misdeed. But this year we have seen the exposure of some enormous misdeeds and the need for the accounting to set the scales of justice in order.
Ever since March 2019 either Saturn or Pluto, and sometimes both planets, conjoined the South or descending lunar node. The Nodes of the Moon, as many of you know, are like directional signs pointing the way from where we’ve come (South Node) to where we are headed (North Node). There is a quality of fate with the nodes; a sense that the direction of our journey is already charted and of course this is true to some extent. We can’t change our natal chart and our basic characteristics, and that North Node is always beckoning to us as a focus of personal growth. But along the way we make choices and these choices can change the course of our lives for good or for ill.
Saturn is a personal planet and operates in the personal realm, challenging us to face our responsibilities and work diligently towards our goals and often testing us in various ways to increase our emotional and physical endurance. Pluto is a transpersonal planet; its influence can be more ruthless in its pressure to create and support personal transformation. Saturn makes things hard, Pluto can break us or make us. With both of these planets pressuring the South Node of the past, it’s no wonder that there have been personal crises and revelations of a very public nature as the Conscious Universe continues to strive for balance and make adjustments where needed.
These are some of the day of reckoning revelations that have erupted since these conjunctions began in May:
- It was announced in May that over a million species are now threatened with extinction and that the decline of the natural living world is unprecedented and caused by human activity.
- UK Prime Minister Theresa May resigned in June, and chaos ensued. More about that at some point in the future.
- July was reported to be the hottest month ever recorded.
- Protests erupted in Hong Kong in June and since then have become darker and more desperate.
- Boris Johnson.
- Jeffrey Epstein was arrested and later killed himself in prison. It could be argued that there was no day reckoning for his victims.
- In August, two mass shootings in the US killed 47 people and injured scores of others.
And now, Liberty University officials have exposed the crimes of Jerry Falwell Jr which include, among other scandals, the fact that he sent male colleagues nude photos of his wife; his using University funds for personal expenses including the construction of a private fitness facility; threats to not only University employees but also Lynchburg residents and their families including his request for an FBI investigation to rout out the traitors; that the University was paid to rig polls promoting Donald Trump.
People often ask me “when will things change?” and unfortunately astrology cannot predict this. As long as humans behave abominably, the world will not change. But we can make changes in our personal lives to bring in more light and love, and these small changes can eventually seed the world.