I was catching up on my local newspaper this morning when I found an article about a 13-year old who had been shot and killed by police after he opened fire on them. Searching his backpack, police found a handgun and 250 rounds of ammunition.
I wanted to find out more about the situation so I searched in Google News and came up with these other similar events involving 13 and 14 year olds:
- A 13-year old has killed his father in Wisconsin
- A 14-year old shot another kid in Baltimore
- A 14-year old boy shot three at an MLK event in Texas
- In the UK, a bullied 13-year old boy hanged himself
Then I looked back a few months for more events, and found these:
- A 13-year old killed herself after nude photos of her were publicized
- Parents tie the suicide of a 13-year old in New Jersey to acne drugs
- A 13-year old teen in Mumbai killed himself
Thinking maybe this is just a fluke, and that other age groups are also killing themselves and each other at alarming rates I searched for “teen suicides” and found none other than the ones listed here.
Even in the best of times, kids aged 13-14 go through some rough patches. This is the time of the “Saturn Opposition,” when transiting Saturn forms a 180 degree angle to Saturn in the birthchart. Saturn is the planet that brings us hardship and challenges so that we will learn the attributes of discipline and hard work and the strength to overcome adversity, Until we learn those skills, though, […]